In-home Tutors Wanted – Become a Tutor
We are currently hiring experienced tutors, levels K-12 and University, who live in the greater Victoria & Nanaimo region.
Currently seeking Physics Tutors in Victoria, Nanaimo, Duncan & Parksville.
Wish to make a meaningful contribution to the community while earning additional income? We are seeking individuals passionate about student development; people who can demonstrate the educational and leadership skills necessary to help students reveal their inner potential and inspire their desire to learn. Great interpersonal skills, independent initiative and creativity are essential, as are personal responsibility, optimism and the ability to strike a positive work/life balance. A keen sense of humour is certainly an asset as well!
Why Tutor for Tutor Doctor?
- We find tutoring assignments, consult with the family and student, and upon careful consideration find a magical match between our students and tutors;
- We provide detailed information about the student and family before each assignment;
- We manage all marketing, payments, and administrative systems so that your focus can be entirely on the student;
- We provide academic resources and supplemental support through our online TD 24/7 platform that is aligned with the BC School Curriculum;
- We offer competitive hourly rates and schedule flexibility – you choose the assignments, volume of work and hours that you wish to tutor;
- Our tutors are independent contractors which means they are free to tutor students outside the Tutor Doctor family.
Growth Opportunities: Tutor Doctor is an expanding international supplemental education company offering in-home, one-on-one tutoring to students of all ages, in all subjects. Tutor compensation is between $18 – $25 per hour based on qualifications and specialties, and can earn referral income when families and tutors they introduce to us sign on. In addition to tutoring opportunities, as our business grows positions come available in management, business development and administration.
- Tutoring/Education Services Background: We look for experience as a 1-to-1 tutor or teacher, or experience working with children and youth in capacities such as camp counsellor, coach or child care. When applying, identify your preferred subject matter and grade level, and relevant experience and/or certification working with a range of learning styles, learning environments and special needs.
- Availability – Geographic: Our tutors provide in-home support for client families in close proximity to their own home. Please provide your address or postal code and identify school district/communities you can reliably serve within a 20 minute commute.
- Availability – Schedule: Our tutors must be able to travel to student homes or agreed up locations such as community centres libraries for 60-90 minute tutoring sessions. Assignments vary in length depending upon student need, ranging from test prep packages consisting of 12-24 hours to year-long support of 96 hours or more. A commitment to serve the family for the duration of the contract is expected upon acceptance of an assignment, with consideration, of course to extenuating circumstances.
Please fill out the form on this page to apply for a tutoring position.
Submit a Resume and
Join Our Team of Tutors